Amazon Go Green Banner

Have Something to Say?

We Support Free Enterprise, Freebies, Freedom, Free Food, Free Samples, And Especially Free Speech! Tell Us What You Think!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Hello, Caffeine!

It's 12.19am and we are currently brewing a pot of coffee and getting geared up for another long night with our 2 month old. Tonight we are a team, though usually, we sleep in shifts. Our life is like a bean bag relay race, with a newborn instead of a bean bag. How fast can we get him dressed before he starts protesting? Can we get the bottle made and into his mouth before he starts pumping his arms and screaming?

Come to think of it, maybe our little bundle of joy is a budding activist. It's just a matter of time before he starts toting around a homemade sign and recruiting people to support his cause. In any case, we have realized that in order to keep up with his demands, our systems require alot of assistance. Hello, caffeine!

I can remember a time, back when I had just one child (and no, I don't remember having none at all), when I could run to the corner coffee shop and order a Grande Carmel Machiato. To be quite honest, I think it was my pride in being able to actually order a drink with a name as long as the Rio Grande that gave me a buzz, rather than the actual beverage. However, nowadays it's my ability to buy a tub of Folgers on sale for six bucks that makes my day.

I didn't just switch brands and forgo ready made for do it yourself, either. I have even stopped using cream and sugar. I can now drink my coffee black. Unfortunately, I also gave up the cool cups with the little cardboard sleeves...but, alas! Someone has even come up with one of those that is reusable! Cool beans, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment