Amazon Go Green Banner

Have Something to Say?

We Support Free Enterprise, Freebies, Freedom, Free Food, Free Samples, And Especially Free Speech! Tell Us What You Think!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pioneer Panties Flappin' in the Wind?

Lately, I've been feeling like a pilgrim. I'm thankful for what we have, but doing a lot of work the old fashioned way. So, we bit the bullet and got a clothes line in order to keep up with our pioneer mindset. I really thought that this would take tons of time and effort, but I have found that hanging the clothes out is actually a soothing task.

Before I could start, I really had to nag a little and get my guy to help me put the clothesline up. This wasn't hard, cause nagging is really one of my strong points.

We tied one end of the line on a pole holding up our porch awning and ran the line across the yard to the roof of our shed. (When I say "we" what I'm saying is that I stood beside Eliot and made suggestions while he rolled his eyes at me.) I knew that the weight of wet clothing would pull the  line down, and the line would need to be higher than my head. Plus, I don't want to end up clotheslining myself, right? Now, our yard is rigged up for redneck laundry! With the wooden clothespins we bought at the dollar store, we're set.

My biggest challenge, so far, has been trying to time my laundry. I tend to wait until later in the day to get the laundry going and once it's dark outside, it's very tempting to just throw everything into the dryer. I have alleviated this by using the FlyLady system, which asks "Where is your Laundry" first thing when you get up in the morning. My answer to that question? It's on the floor, in front of the empty hamper.

No comments:

Post a Comment